Practical informationPractical information
Criteria for admission
- Do you hold an equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in the arts, humanities or social sciences and do you have your own art practice, website or portfolio?
- Do you have at least 3 years of work experience in the field of (digital) art & design, in the Netherlands or abroad?
- Do you speak, read and write English, enough to follow the lectures and read academic articles, books, literature?
Then: mail your CV/resume or portfolio, short motivation letter (max. one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 21st of May, 2022.
Admissions come on a first come, first serve basis. The earlier you express your interest in participation, the more likely we are able to admit you. We admit participants based on their artistic practice and profile and professional dedication. Participants do not need an official Bachelor or Master Degree. However, an online interview can be part of the admission. Proficiency in (spoken and written) English is important. A TOEFL or IELTS score or language certification is not required.
Obtain an ArtEZ Certificate of Participation
Your research essay will be assessed and provided with feedback from qualified ArtEZ staff, after which it can be published online. You will also present the outcomes of your research in a special, co-curated, exhibition at Het HEM. Finalizing your research essay is required to obtain the Certification from ArtEZ. This is the proof of the pudding and the acknowledgement of your research and final exibition work.
The Advanced Study program does not have formal ECTS/credits attached to it.
1950 Euro incl. VAT. Participants will have to organize their own accommodation, local travel and international travel. An invitation letter to obtain a visa can be provided for to non-EU Passport holders upon request. This program is not financed by the Dutch Ministry of Culture and Education.
The program offers a maximum 3 scolarships for international students with a demonstrated connection and vision about the theme of Chapter5IVE. In case you are only able to attend with scolarship, please mention this clearly in your motivation letter.
- Start: 24th June, in Zaandam.
- Finish: August 8, 2022 (Exhibition week).
- Handing in of your research paper: September 1st, 2022.
- Certification issues by the end of September 2022.
Days of instruction/workshops: Thursdays or Fridays. Saterday and Sunday are open for team meetings in Het HEM.
You are free on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Would you like to know more about this program and partnership with Het HEM? Or do you have questions? Please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com