Do you wish to initiate innovation and emancipation within the professional field of interior architecture? The ArtEZ master Interior Architecture offers a home base for curious interior architects, who take on an investigative role and are able to confront recent and future changes. We are looking for professionals that keep asking questions; people who dare to have an open mind and to be free in their thoughts and ideas.
Will you be an innovator in the field of interior architecture?
Are you looking for profundity in your professional practice? Corpo-real offers an multi-disciplinary environment that enables you to delve into the social and research aspects of your expertise. You could be looking to take the next step after obtaining a bachelor’s degree, or maybe you are interested in exploring the concept of space, while discovering disciplines other than your own.
The Master's Interior Architecture at ArtEZ welcomes motivated applicants with multidisciplinary skills, who are willing to take further the entire field of interior architecture. Students who understand that what worked well in the past is not sufficient for the future – and that this precarious future is too large to confront with existing methods.
To be able to enrol for the programme, you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably relating to interior architecture (such as Spatial Design or a (TU) Engineering Bachelor and other related Bachelor degrees). Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in another discipline are also invited to apply: the admissions committee will determine the relevance of previous studies and work experience.
- A portfolio, a letter of motivation and a CV (see below).
- Successful completion of the entrance examination (see below).
Language requirements apply to all ArtEZ Master's programmes. You will need to prove your language proficiency by handing in a certificate stating your level of English before 1 September. If you need a residence permit to study at ArtEZ, the delivery deadline is 1 June.
For more information, please check the general language requirements for Master's programmes.
First, you enrol via Studielink. You will be asked to submit the following documents:
- a copy of your passport;
- a copy of your bachelor diploma (preferably in English and with a list of credits) if already available;
- a language certificate.
These documents should be uploaded before the start of the academic year. If you need a residence permit, the delivery deadline is 31 May. After enrolment via Studielink, you will receive an email regarding the further admission procedure.
In addition to your application via Studielink, you are required to send the following:
- In PDF format;
- no more than 20 projects;
- no more than 20 MB (if needed, reduce your PDF files size);
- provide a clear overview of the qualities of your work;
- describe the research and process behind your projects.
- An overview of past study programmes;
- relevant work experience;
- skills and interests, both whitin the field of interior architecture as otherwise.
Short letter of motivation
- why you want to study at ArtEZ Univserity of the Arts;
- why you want to study at Corpo-real;
- your plans for and your expectations of the programme;
- yourself as a designer and indicate how you think this fits the programme’s curriculum.
- Formulate a research question;
- describe the type and topic of research you would like to conduct during the programme;
- maximum of 1 A4.
After we have received your documents, we will assess them and inform you about the next steps of the admission process as soon as possible.
During the entrance examination, we assess your chances of successfully completing the study programme. The entrance exam consists of an interview with an admissions committee. Based on your portfolio, CV, letter of motivation and the interview, your chances of successfully completing the study will be assessed.
You will be notified whether you have been admitted within two weeks of the interview. Please note: a positive decision is only valid for the degree course for which you have applied. If you wish to take the entrance examination for a degree course or specialisation at another location, you will need to register for this separately. Your admission is only valid for the academic year directly following the entrance examination.
If you do not agree with a negative decision due to the procedure followed, you can lodge an appeal with the Examination Committee.
The application deadline for round 1 is on the 1st of March 2023.
The application deadline for round 2 is on the 1st of May 2023 (EU/EEA applicants only).
Do you have any questions regarding admissions? Or do you want to know more about the Interior Architecture (Corpo-real) programme? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com (general) or firstname.lastname@example.org (admissions related).